Organic Microgreen Powder IOGP Value Proposition
The World in general is in Crisis regarding diminished availability of Absorbable Nutrition, especially Micronutrients. The IOGP Model offers an Effective and Efficient Solution.
- FRESH: Once a vegetable is harvested it immediately begins to decompose (rot). This decomposition process diminishes the Micronutrient values similar to an open container of carbonated beverage going “flat” over time.
- ORGANIC: Compelling research, and common sense, demonstrates that Vegetables grown with the assistance of Chemicals contain significant amounts of these Chemicals. “You are what you eat applies to Plants also”! Herbicides for weeds (Roundup), Pesticides for bugs (Deet), Fertilizer for Nutrients, Genetically Modified Seeds (GMO). While these additives significantly enhance crop yields they were not meant for Human Consumption.
- SYNTHETIC: As much as 90% of the Nutrition Supplements consumed in the form of Powder, Pills, Food Additives and Liquids are reported to be Synthetic. This means that the elements (Hydrogen, Carbon, etc) were extracted from dead, non-organic material, typically a Hydro Carbon rich source such as Coal Tar and re-constructed chemically to “look” like a Nutrient. (Vitamin C, E, A, etc). In fact the Human Body knows the difference and doesn’t accept the Nutrient as natural which diminishes the Absorption, Bioavailability and more.
Arguably petroleum was at one time an organic material (250 million years ago) and does contain the basic ingredients, H and C but little resemblance to the original Organic form including living enzymes, co factor’s, phytonutrients and more.
- BIOAVAILABILITY: This is the term that relates to the proportion of an ingested ingredient that is available and absorbed into a life system and utilized for beneficial outcomes. A synthetic ingredient is said to have diminished bioavailability compared to a totally natural and organic ingredient because it lacks the co factors, phytonutrients, enzymes, etc.
- ABSORPTION: Coupled with Bioavailability, this is the portion of an ingested ingredient that finds its way into the blood stream. A critical factor in this process is what part of the body is the ingredient exposed, to be absorbed. This is why studies reveal that ingredients ingested in the mouth and exposed to that area have significantly higher absorption rates than if taken as a pill. Pills are reported to have as little as a 10% absorption rate.
- DEHYDRATION: Because our Proprietary drying process is completed within 24 hours of harvest at room temperature, there is little diminishment of living absorption enhancing ingredients or nutrients as there is in a “freeze dry” or “heat” drying process
- MICRONUTRIENT DENSITY: How many units of Micronutrients are available per quantity of ingredient? IOGP Broccoli powder has 51,600 IU/100g (3.5 oz) of Vitamin A, beta carotene. (Eurofins Lab analysis) Fresh Raw Mature Broccoli contains 623 IU/100g. (USDA) This means you would need to consume 82.8 times the Mature Stage Broccoli. One ounce of Powder equals more than Five pounds of Mature Fresh Organic Raw Broccoli.
- SHELF LIFE: The shelf life of Fresh Raw Vegetable powder is significantly greater than a Fresh Raw Vegetable. This eliminates a major factor of Nutrient diminishment due to time between harvest and consumption. Spinach loses 100% of its Vitamin C, 4 days after harvest!!
- STORAGE: The powder product takes a fraction of the space for storage and doesn’t require refrigeration temperatures to maintain quality. Carry a 25 day supply in your pocket.
- TRANSPORTATION: The transportation logistics regarding Powder are a fraction of those of a Mature Stage product. Vegetables are typically 92% water. Needless to say, elimination of the water, while preserving the Micronutrients, significantly reduces the issue of transport.
- PREPARATION: The requirements of preparing Powder for inclusion in a meal are minimal compared to a Mature Fresh Raw Vegetable. The Powder simply needs to be available in the form it was received, for application to the meal. Basically zero preparation.
- SERVING: Once the meal is ready for serving, the Powder is added, much like salt or pepper. As mentioned in #14, a standard portion would be ½ tsp 2 times a day. (1 tsp daily)
- GROWING: IOGP uses a Proprietary Process that incorporates numerous steps including Water Conservation, Energy Conservation, Soil Conservation, 100% Certified Organic, NO Pesticides, NO Herbicides, NO Fertilizer, NO GMO, Bacteria Control, CO2 Measurements, Lighting Control, Temperature Control, Humidity Control, Air Flow Control, and much more.
- DOSAGE: There is no exact “dosage” for any Nutrient for all people. Absorption rates, body mass, metabolism rate, bioavailability, density and many more factors determine the correct dose for each individual. However, there are “guidelines”. These guidelines are established by USDA and are expressed as “Daily Value.” (DV). Many experts in Nutrition suggest that a 20% DV is a good place to start for Ingestion purposes. Using that as a reference point and Vitamin A, beta carotene in IOGP Broccoli Powder, we have set .04 oz (15,000 IU/oz) or 1 tsp (25 tsp/oz) as the starting point. This delivers 600 IU which is 20% DV. ½ tsp 2X daily.
Adjustment to dosage should then be made based on health condition and reaction. Remember, IOGP Powder is nothing more than a pure vegetable. If your digestive system is not accustomed to Highly Absorbable Vegetables a brief period of “colonic cleansing” may be experienced.
- SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENT: Employment of at risk residents, Economic Engine for Center City, year around Fresh, Live, Organic, Micronutrient Dense Vegetables, Minimal Energy and Water, Soil Conservation/Recycle, Low Carbon Footprint, much more.
- CHRONIC DISEASE: SULFORAPHANE is a Phytochemical found in maximum concentration in Broccoli/Radish mix. (Sulforaphane supplementation)
- DELIVERY: In addition to adding directly to prepared food, this Super Powder could be embedded in Yogurt, Frozen Products, Nutrition Bars, Cookies, Condiments, etc.