Austin E “Brud” Hodgkins
Austin E “Brud” Hodgkins (8/1/45)
Education: Farmington HS ’63, University of Maine, Engineering, Business Management. BS Business Management 1970. American College, –Masters Degree Financial Services, Masters Degree Business Management, Chartered Financial Consultant, Registered Health Underwriter, New York State Certified Long Term Care insurance Consultant, Chartered Life Underwriter.
Hodgkins Agency – specializing in Business and Estate Planning 1970-Present.
Jackson Mountain Farms—Maple Syrup Production/Sales 1964-present. Temple, Maine
Tiamo Resort—S. Andros, Bahamas, Partner 1998-2008. Co-Founder (Sold)
Stock Island Village Marina –Key West, FL – Partner of Mgmt Co
Poughkeepsie Beat—Newspaper in City of Poughkeepsie 1997-2006
H&R Realty—Commercial Office Space, City of Poughkeepsie Co-Owner/Occupant.
Riverside Bank—Co-Founder/Vice Chair 1986-2014 (Sold to Salisbury Bank and Trust)
Advisory Board Salisbury Bank and Trust, Current
Northwestern Mutual Investment Services—Wealth Management Company 1977-2008.
Indoor Organic Gardens of Poughkeepsie – Co- Founder 5/2015 – Present
NY State Certified Instructor Insurance License Prep Course
US Army Instructor 11B (Combat Infantry), Honorable Discharge 1st LT
Chateau at Sugarloaf (1980-90), Carrabassett Valley, Maine (Owner,Sold)
Covered Bridge Restaurant, Trenton, ME. (Owner,Sold)
Macho’s Restaurant, Farmington, ME (Owner,Sold)
Past Board/Campaign Chairman Dutchess County United Way
Executive Board Hudson Valley Council Boy Scouts
Past Foundation Board St Francis Hospital
Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce, Member since 1977.
Youth Sports Coach
Various Not for Profit Committees
Criminal Justice Council Dutchess County, Present
Co Chair Nooteeming Scout Camp Revitalization Project. ($10mm)Present
Board Member Miles of Hope. (Breast Cancer)Present
Dutchess County Community Center Task Force
Hobbies: Hunting, Fly Fishing, Skiing, Baseball, Private Pilot, Gardening, Firewood, Family: Wife Lori, 6 Children, 17 Grandchildren. 127 Brush Hill Rd, Millbrook, NY
Johnson & Wales University – Providence RI
B.S Financial Service Management 2006
A.S Business Administration 2004
Human Resources: Money & Banking: Operations Management
IOGP, LLC. Co-Founder, Poughkeepsie NY
Chief Operating Officer, Associate Chief Executive Officer 2015-Present
Executive responsible for Farm Management and Operation.
Growing, Order Fulfillment.
Personnel, Books and Records, Compliance and more.
Closely engaged in the constant search for improving Efficiency and Effectiveness of the IOGP Process and Product. Innovation is a key ingredient to developing the IOGP Model in addressing the multiple Mission of IOGP, especially Jobs for the At Risk and a return to a “Food is Medicine” culture
Hodgkins Agency – Poughkeepsie, NY
Office Manager/HR 2009- 2016
Responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate effectiveness and efficiency.
Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems, reviewing and approving supply requisitions, assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information
Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
Financial Representative 2006-2009
Meet with existing and potential customers to help them understand the impact of market fluctuations and interest rates on their investment planning and goals.
Customize various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals.
Represent a full line of insurance and financial products.
Develop rapport with clients interested in investments opportunities.
Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists
of prospective clients.
Interbay Funding, LLC – Mansfield, MA
Senior Appraisal Assistant 2002-2005
Support the functions of the Appraisal Department by assisting the Appraisal Manager with quality control. Also provides assistance in ordering and receiving appraisals.
Assist in development of new appraisers for a larger vendor base.
Complete preliminary inputs into RE database of small commercial / mixed-use properties (less than
$1mn market value).
Develop a strong business clientele database through CRM with an emphasis on specific goals assigned.
New Century Mortgage – Foxboro, MA
Sr. Regional Administrative Assistant 2001 –2002
Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department and/or managers and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
Assist in the hiring of new personnel’s.
Maintaining personnel files.
Organized materials for various training sessions, registered participants and prepare room.
Maintain and assist with recruiting efforts such as scheduling, testing and processing candidates.
Coordinate and schedule branch meeting, take meeting minutes and distribute to branch associates
Richard Mattocks, Environmental Scientist
• M.S., Environmental Science and Engineering, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia • M.A., International Administration, School for International Training, Brattleboro, Vermont
• B.S., Animal Science, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, California Qualifications and Experience: Organic Waste, Manure, Crop Digestion, Energy Recovery Systems since 1985 (retired) Internationally recognized authority: assessing technical and financial feasibility, system business development, project management; potential assessment, modeling, engineering and process design and review; troubleshooting, consulting; equipment selection, construction, startup, training, regulatory compliance; energy and by-product recovery, processing and marketing; financing, incentives; direct management coordination of systems. CURRENT Indoor Organic Gardens of Poughkeepsie
• Senior Science Advisor – Develop indoor agricultural production and product processing PREVIOUS Martin Energy Group Systems LLC
• Senior advisor – high strength, high solids, organic waste management system analysis, equipment design, specification, install, operate, train, supervise, consult, US Environomics LLC
• Principal – organic waste digestion system consulting – US, Asia, Europe, South America Veolia (Biothane), Inc,
• Senior advisor – organic waste management system, Domestic, International Tetra-Tech
• Technical Advisor to EPA AgStar – organic waste management, design, installation, US ICF Incorporated
• Advisor to EPA AgStar – organic waste management systems analysis, design/install US USAID
• Technical Consultant – Environmental waste management systems, Ukraine, Russia World Bank
• Technical Consultant – Environmental waste management systems analysis, India C.A.R.E. Inc.
• Manager – Community development and disaster relief, Colombia and India, US Peace Corps
• Volunteer – Agricultural extension, project development community relations, Ecuador Responsibility Highlights:
• Fortune 500 Food Producer: organic waste to CNG/LNG complex consultation
• CARE: Managed feeding program: Indian state, 3 million recipients; community development
Board Member, Cornell Ag Extension, Dutchess County N.Y.